1. In order to make it in the APP world you need to increase the odds of finding the next “Angry Birds”, so everyone is encouraged to bring at least 6 solid APP ideas to the table. If the company has 18 people than 18 x 6 apps gives us 108 apps, edit out 58 apps. Now at 50 apps we improve our chances 50 times. The larger this cooperative becomes the better it will be.
2. Each person is a free agent other than his/her responsibility to develop an app.
3. You can help build another company you work for or build your OWN companies future.
4. The cooperative allows all members to do what they do best! So every step of your app is worked on by the best talent.
5. Learn new ways to do things with a cooperative (pun intended) colleague.
6. Benefit from others ideas.
7. If you are one of the lucky ones that possesses all of the skills needed to create an app, then you should receive 100% of the profits. Let’s say you are an Objective C person and you put in 10% of your time on an app and your team takes care of the other 90%. Now if you work on 10 apps at 10% that equals 100%. But you now have 10% of 10 apps that improve your chance of working on that next great app. I would rather have 10% of a winning app as opposed to 100% of a loser.
8. Competition is replaced with cooperation!
9. Membership is ownership.
“Do you have a post that you would like to see? Tell me here.”
“How do we finance this cooperative and what will it cost me?”
1. Your investment is your skills and time.
2. You can still maintain your current job and contribute after hours.
3. Costs (WebEx, Scrum software, etc.) will be split among the members. When the cooperative turns a profit the members can be reimbursed according to the expense records.
“Please give experiences with scrum or other software and what your suggestion would be to keep on top of the schedule.”
1. Agilebuddy’s scrum software at an annual cost of $129.50 / 12 people = $10.79 per person annually
“Security of our Intellectual Property”
1. Intellectual property is protected, with Non-Disclosure, Non-Compete documents. Everyone will keep your secret because it will also benefit them.
“If you have access to a meeting area please post here!”
Admin note: I have access to a very small conference room that may hold 8 people. Also a large meeting area at the same location can hold 50+ people but must be rented for a nominal fee once split among the members.
1. Meetings will be video taped and have minutes.
“Ownership…who owns the app?”
1. Everyone prints out what they will present to the team creating ownership and avoiding conflicts.
2a. Person who has the app idea will have x percentage bonus in ownership.
2b. The cooperative will own the app with the financial distribution determined by workload per person.
2c. The person with the app idea will own the app but the cooperative and all who worked on it will receive profits also.
“How do we distribute work among the members.”
1. The apps design will tell us who should work on this app. Every person has either a preference to work on a certain type of app or is better qualified than the others in this area. We want the most talented person to work on the app, this will allow an app that requires less revisions, works smoother, frees up this person quicker and lets him/her jump on another project. The junior members can finish up. This will be for all teams.
2. Small teams determine the operation and feel of the app and create a working mock-up. This will confirm our decision about an app.